Our veterinarians are trained to do routine surgeries as well as many soft tissue procedures. Blood work is recommended prior to surgery in order to thoroughly evaluate your pet's health. In surgery, each patient's health is monitored closely by a trained veterinary technician, EKG and pulse oximetry. We suggest personalized pain relief regimens to speed recovery, shorten hospital stays and improve quality of life.
Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Gray-New Gloucester Animal Hospital your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Safe Anesthesia — a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support — our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet's pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- IV Catheter Placement — fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication — is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet's comfort and to speed recovery.
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work — ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
Veterinary Surgical Services
Gray-New Gloucester Animal Hospital provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
In addition to spaying and neutering, we offer soft tissue and general surgeries.